It is never too late to pursue your singing dreams, even if you may feel that you have no natural talent at all. Just like any other talent or career, with enough coaching and practice, you can maximize your voice to its true potential and become an amazing singer.
If you’re ready to start taking lessons so that you can be the best singer you can be, you don’t have to drop thousands of dollars on vocal coaches, or waste your time commuting to lessons every day—there are other options! Even with online singing lessons, you can become an incredible singer.
There are tons of websites that boast the ability to teach you to sing within one month, for only $50, etc. These lessons vary by price point, and range from very affordable to a bit pricier. But how do you know which of these sites and lessons are actually worth the money? We reviewed some of the most well-known online singing lessons (The 30 Day Singer, Christina Aguilera’s Masterclass, Singorama 2.0, Udemy Singing Courses, Roger Love Singing Academy, Voice Essentials, and Superior Singing Method) so that you don’t have to do all that research yourself.
Table of Contents
The most popular and well-known singing class, the 30 Day Singer delivers on their promise to make you a great singer within one month. There is even a 14-day free trial! There are classes for total beginners, as well as classes for those who already have some experience.
You can learn at home by watching fun singing lessons with patient, friendly instructors. 30 Day Singer believes that anyone can sing—just because you think you are “tone deaf” or weren’t “born musical” shouldn’t stop you from pursuing your dreams!
With 30 Day Singer you will use simple exercises, vocal warmups, vocal strengthening techniques, extend the range of your voice, and really maximize your vocal power. They want to help you build a strong foundation for your future as a singer, whether it be as a career or as a hobby.
Lessons with 30 Day Singer include:
- Vocal styles of famous singers
- Runs and embellishments
- Classical singing technique
- Perfect pitch and intonation
- Steps to better phrasing
- How to master vibrato
- Improving vocal tone
- Harmonizing with another singer
- And more!
There are four tracks of study and over 200 lessons. The first class enables you to build a strong foundation in basic techniques. The second class focuses on studying the greatest singers of all time, and analyzing and learning from them. The third class harps on the more challenging elements, such as pitch and harmonizing. Finally, the fourth class teaches you how to perform. Have stage fright? This class will help you get over that so you can show off your new singing voice to the world!
The overall focus of 30 Day Singer’s beginner classes is on technique, which means you will be able to sing better quickly. Additionally, there are multiple teachers at the beginner level, so don’t become discouraged if you and the first teacher don’t click!
Overall, 30 Day Singer lives up to the hype. However, there are a few qualms that some have with it:
- Instead of simply paying a one-time fee, the user is forced to follow a subscription program
- There are very few genre-specific lessons
- There are no downloadable features
With a well-organized and easy-to-follow program, 30 Day Singer allows you to really take in everything you are learning. If you feel you didn’t really learn from the classes, however, 30 Day Singer offers a full refund! 30 Day Singer is one of the top online singing lessons providers for a reason—it is dependable, it has been proven to work, and it wants you to follow your dreams.
Whether you watch Christina Aguilera on the Voice or watch all her music videos, you can’t deny she has one of the most recognizable, powerful voices in the industry. We know her, we love her, and we are wowed by her incredible voice. And now, Christina Aguilera wants to teach you to sing!
In Christina Aguilera’s Masterclass, you will learn how to expand your range, find your voice, and master the techniques that have earned her five Grammys. Furthermore, this class is completely online.
There are 23 video lessons that add up to a total of 3 hours and 45 minutes.
The class offers video lessons, a workbook to guide you, and a range finder with a tracker. One of its more unique features is that it has an exclusive chat group so that you can speak to others that are also taking the class.
- The workbook consists of assignments and lesson recaps, as well as a suggested schedule for the 23 lessons (the course was designed to be taken over the course of six weeks).
- The range finder is another unique feature in the class, because it is interactive. The Masterclass website uses the microphone on your computer to find your vocal range so that you are better able to reach lower and higher octaves.
- The chat group allows you to ask questions, answer others’ questions, and engage with your fellow learners. There’s even a private Student Group on Facebook you can join, if you really like the community aspect!
- Warming up
- Protecting your voice
- Sessions in the pop and rock styles
- Studio vs live microphones
- Playing with textures and tones
- Self expression
- And more!
Although the workbook has a recommended schedule to follow, you can take the class at your own pace. The course is designed with beginning singers in mind, but more advanced singers can also benefit from the later lessons, such as Performance Anxiety, Singing It Live, Overcoming Mistakes, Advice for Artists, and Self-Expression.
Singorama 2.0 wants to teach you to sing like a professional! Considered by many to be one of the most comprehensive vocal lesson programs, their carefully developed system conditions your voice quickly and safely using professional-grade techniques and advice.
With Singorama 2.0, you don’t need any previous singing experience (you don’t even need to have a “natural talent” right off the bat), you don’t need to devote extensive hours to it, and you don’t need a private singing coach.
Singorama 2.0 is perfect for novice singers and highly experienced singers alike. They want to help you master your mixed voice, overcome performance anxiety, and develop a beautiful tone.
There are not any video lessons, but there are 28 audio lessons that cover practice songs, a PDF workbook, and vocal exercises. There are many bonus tools that Singorama 2.0 offers as well, such as a way to record your progress and playback.
Unsure if Singorama 2.0 is right for you, and don’t want to waste your money? Singorama offers a free, five-day mini course to test out first. Additionally, there is a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Some advantages include:
- Many different lessons
- Studio software for practice sessions and song recording is included
- Has all the basics for proper singing techniques
Some disadvantages include:
- It is a bit pricey
- An overwhelming amount of materials
Overall, Singorama 2.0 is great if you want to take your singing skills to the next level.
Udemy Singing Courses
Udemy has a myriad of online learning courses, ranging from photography to IT and Software. It features a student deal that allows students to get courses for as low as $12.99 each. There are countless Udemy singing courses, but the top recommended two are Singing Lessons Online and Breathing Bootcamp for Beginners.
4. Udemy Online Singing Lessons
Called “How to Sing #1: Complete Vocal Warm ups and Voice Physiology,” this course is great for beginners. The price is $114.99, although there is a 30-day-money-back guarantee, as well as random, huge discounts (sometimes as much as 86% off!) on the price.
In this course, you will:
- Understand voice physiology
- Understand breathing anatomy used for singing
- Perform vocal warmups with easy at-home exercises
- Learn the benefits of correct posture, breathing, and resonance
- Increase your vocal range while improving your strength and tone
Three hours of live video are included, as well as printable PDFs, a 25-minute vocal warmup, an ebook, quizzes to test your knowledge, sheet music, and a live discussion board. There is also a bonus option that allows you to send a sample of your singing to an instructor for a five minute assessment.
This course is for both beginning and advanced singers. It is also often used by church singers, church choirs, and vocal groups. It requires determination and self-motivation, but if you want to truly understand how your voice and body work to create healthy singing habits, this course is for you!
Breathing Bootcamp for Beginners boasts the ability to help you sing with power, beauty, and control. It is priced at $94.99, with a 30-day-money-back guarantee.
In this course, you will learn:
- Techniques for rapid voice strengthening
- How to prevent voice injury
- The key to singing high notes with power and confidence
- How to sing from the diaphragm
- Professional-level voice control
This course includes ten step-by-step video lessons that help you maximize your vocal potential.
Singers of all skill levels can benefit from this course—even public speakers who want a stronger voice can take this course!
Unfortunately, because this course does not have a live instructor that you are able to interact with, you may not be able to get as much out of it as you’d hope. The instructions are generic, and there is no way to strengthen your strengths or focus on your weaknesses, as these are general, unspecific videos made for a large audience. There is no way for a professional ear to tell you what you need to improve and what you are already strong in.
Overall, Udemy courses are rated fairly high, and beyond these two options, there are over 500 other singing courses for you to consider, based on what you want to learn or improve!
Roger Love’s website calls him the number one vocal coach, having coached the likes of Selena Gomez, Gwen Stefani, and John Mayer. And now he can teach you!
Roger Love Singing Academy is great in that you know you are getting high-quality and professional lessons. Roger Love is extremely highly respected in his field, and has an extensive repertoire of famous actors and musicians that he has voice coached—obviously, his lessons work!
Roger Love Singing Academy boasts of the Roger Method, a “radically new way to sing.” Structured as a three-part, 14-week bootcamp, Roger Love claims he will teach you the three parts of the human voice, emphasizing the “middle voice” between the chest and head voices.
There are three courses you can take:
- Course One: Learn Roger’s Technique
- In this course, you learn the basics of mastering all three of your voices: head, chest, and middle voice.
- The course includes eliminating pitch problems, singing vibrato, playing instruments, and overcoming stage fright.
- This course is priced at $197, and has 35 videos.
- Course Two: Apply Roger’s Technique
- This course has everything from Course One, including learning six new styles of music.
- This course includes intermediate breathing techniques, mouth positioning tips and tricks, advanced vibrato, how to sing different genres, how to audition, and how to choose the right songs.
- This course is priced at $297, and has 70 videos.
- Course Three: Performance Magic and Feedback from Roger
- The most comprehensive vocal instruction, this course includes everything from Courses One and Two, as well as Roger Love personally reviewing your voice sample, developing stage presence, microphone techniques, connecting with an audience, and you and your originality.
- This course is priced at $497, and has over 100 videos.
Overall, this course can be extremely comprehensive, intensive, and helpful. However, it is quite expensive, and may be better suited to those who wish to pursue a career in singing.
This course is great for beginners and low-intermediate singers, and may help more advanced signers as well. Unfortunately, if you have a limited budget or a difficult time self-motivating, this may not be the course for you.
Dr Dan at Voice Essentials believes that singing is the birthright of every human being, and he wants you to be a part of that.
Dr Daniel K. Robinson is one of Australia’s leading contemporary singing teachers, and has over 25 years of teaching experience, as well as 30 years of performance on stage. He is an award-winning artist and educator, and has a Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University—so you know he is qualified! You don’t have to worry about receiving faulty or ineffective lessons, because you are learning from one of the most professional and qualified voice coaching instructors out there.
Dr Dan’s comprehensive suit of education materials assist you in achieving your vocal goals through:
- Improving your pitch, breath, and vocal range
- Signing with a greater sense of freedom
- Learning to sing with more confidence
- Breaking down the barriers to your better voice
There are four bundles for online lessons for both beginning and intermediate singers.
- Dr Dan’s Super Bundle has 50 exercises and lesson sheets. It also includes three exercise collections and three exercise eManuals. It is priced at AU$99.95.
- Dr Dan’s Pro Bundle is priced at AU$297 (which can also be paid in five monthly installments). It includes three online courses, three exercise collections, and three exercise eManuals.
- Voice Essentials 1 Course is a 10-Module, 101-lesson course for the beginner singer. It is priced at AU$147 (which can also be paid in four monthly installments). This course includes:
- Developing the eight technical skills of contemporary singing: breathing, tension management, vocal tone, phonatory patterns, resonance, pitch, volume, and articulation
- Growing in confidence
- Learning from a master teacher
- Detailed video lessons
- Personalized feedback from Dr Dan and members of the Voice Essentials Community Facebook group
- A free preview
- Voice Essentials 2 Online Course is priced at AU$197, and has twelve modules with a total of 105 lessons. It was designed with the intermediate singer in mind. Its modules include:
- Vocal Sirens
- Breath Management- Sibilant Fricatives
- Introducing Minor Scales (Triads)
- Minor Octave Arpeggios and Natural Minor Scale
- Vocal Onsets and Offsets (Hard/Soft/Balanced)
- Pentatonic Scales – Major and Minor
- Messa di Voce
- Range Extension – Double Octaves
- Vocal Agility – Major to Minor Triads
- Vocal Agility – Octave Intervals
- Vocal Riffs and Runs
All of Voice Essentials’ bundles are 100% risk free, in that there is a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re ready to learn from a professional, and aren’t afraid to spend money on it, then one of these singing bundles is for you!
Superior Singing Method wants to help you by teaching you how to:
- Have better vocal control
- Develop more accurate pitch
- Improve your vocal tone
- Improve your vocal power
- Have more precise vocal agility
- Develop your mix voice
- Increase your vocal range
- Learn advanced singing techniques
It is for both beginning and advanced singers, and over 200,00 singers worldwide have used it.
The founder, Aaron Anastasi, has released four full-length records and two EPs, toured across the U.S., and has worked with several Grammy Award-winning producers.
Lessons are either a one time payment of $97, or three installments of $39.95, which is not too pricey (this is about the same price as 1-2 in-person lessons with a professional vocal trainer). The course is eight weeks, and includes eight modules (plus two bonus modules) and has four supplementary bonus courses.
The main modules cover:
- Breath management
- Mastering vocal tone
- Pitch control
- Power and resonance
- High notes and mix voices
- Vocal agility
- Advance training and techniques
The bonus modules cover how to manage stage fright and the art of marketing your music, and the bonus courses cover how to sing superior high notes, as well as a manual that teaches vibrato singing techniques.
Although you will be learning these lessons on your own, the majority of course-takers noticed differences in their voice as long as they kept up with the lessons. The Superior Singing Method also includes a system that allows you to ask professionals any questions you might have—there is a comment section under each daily lesson where you can directly as Aaron Anastasi, the founder and creator, questions.
The Superior Singing Method really does work, as Aaron Anastasi is an accomplished vocal coach and vocalist himself. For $97, you get your money’s worth, as you have learned how to sing any note and challenge yourself more than you have before.
However, the manner in which the material is presented (over video format) is dull and a bit dry—it is not very entertaining. Just like any other singing course, you must be determined to work hard, and have the self-motivation to keep yourself accountable when it comes to following through with the lessons.
Many music-dedicated websites used to recommend The Superior Singing Method. Recently, however, many customers are claiming that they have been overcharged or double-charged, and can’t get in touch with the company so that they can get a refund—or even an explanation. So although this is overall a great course to learn to sing, you are purchasing it at your own risk.
Although these online singing lessons have many resources for you to use, your first resource must be a determination to persevere and work hard. The lessons don’t help if you don’t commit yourself to practicing every day, for the recommended amount of time. You must have a self-starter spirit so that when you pay for the lessons, you dedicate all your effort to each one.
Especially if you are a beginner, it is important to not get discouraged as you begin your singing journey. You probably won’t sound like Adele at first, but here’s an industry secret—Adele probably didn’t sound like Adele at first! Every famous singer has had vocal coaching and singing lessons, so remember to stay patient with yourself, and your hard work will pay off.